Free Trial eSignatures. Perfect for Small Business
You’ve probably got a lot of questions about esignatures and free trials and what to look for — and we’ve got a lot of answers. So let’s jump right in and get started.
How can an electronic signature app help my small business?
Electronic signatures can help small businesses in the following ways:
- For starters, they improve delivery, speed, and accuracy when you need to collect signatures.
- They help to improve your customer and client service by allowing them to sign documents, anytime and anywhere.
- Allows you to precisely and efficiently collect multiple signatures on an agreement or contract. It's beneficial for people or organizations with many deals and contracts to process, such as real estate companies, nonprofits, and salespeople with many contracts to sign.
- It makes it easier to keep track of documents and signed agreements.
- Enhances security and protects against document tampering and fraud.
- Reduce paper usage, which reduces waste and helps our planet.
Is an electronic signature just as valid as a physical signature?
Yes. An electronic signature is just as legally acceptable as a physical signature in many countries. And if you look back to the year 2000, it was a game-changer for signing documents electronically in the US.
In that year, the US government passed the ESIGN Act to smooth the adoption of electronic signatures, which changed the way we do business today, thank goodness for that! It certainly made the document signing process way easier in all US locations where the federal law applied. In the previous year, 1999, another piece of legislation, the UETA (Uniform Electronic Transactions Act), provided a framework for electronic signature use per state. Forty-nine states have adopted the UETA.
Thanks to these pieces of legislation, we can electronically sign contracts and agreements rather than by hand. So we have our time back!
Is paying for an e-signature app truly worth it?
Well, the answer is going to depend a lot on your needs?
1. What do you currently need?
Are you a solopreneur or small business owner who needs to get documents signed electronically? If so, paying for an e-signature app may be worth it.
But first, let's consider the options
Many companies offer free trial periods for their e-signature apps, which means you can try out the product without paying anything upfront. This is especially helpful if you're not sure whether or not you'll need this type of technology in your business.
For example, if you're just starting out and don't have many contracts yet, it might make sense to use a free trial period to figure out if this app is right for your business needs. You can also see if it will grow with your company as it grows.
If you have multiple employees and are looking for something that will enable them to store documents and track them efficiently, then a free trial with the option of a paid product might be worth considering.
Here are some things to consider when deciding whether or not to invest in an e-signature app:
- Do you need a signature app that allows you to store documents and track them? Then an e-signature app is probably a good choice for your business.
- Is it necessary for people to sign documents on any device? Then an e-signature app could be a good fit for your company.
- Do you have multiple people who sign documents for different projects? If so, an e-signature app could be a great way for everyone involved in signing documents to work together more easily.
- Are you looking for something that will make it easier for clients or customers to engage with your business? An e-signature app could be perfect for making this happen!
If you’re just starting out, as a solopreneur, small business or non-profit, it might be worth trying out a free trial signature app to see if it meets your needs. Check if they offer a flexible and lower-cost plan if you decide to sign up.
Can you get by with a Free Trial Signature App for Small Business?
If you’re a small business, charity or nonprofit, you probably don't have a lot of money to spend on things like electronic signatures. But what if there was an app that could do the job for a few bucks a month?
That's where apps like Papermind come in. Papermind offers features like Docusign or Hellosign, but for a lot less cost. All you need to do is create your agreement or contract in the app, share it with the people who need to sign it, and once everyone has agreed you get a signed copy as a PDF attached via email.
So if your company deals with simple contracts, agreements and other basic paperwork, then an app like Papermind may be just what you're looking for.
Sign with Papermind
Try it for Free
What e-signature app is actually simple and useful?
The best e-signature app is one that is simple, effective, and easy to use. This is especially important when you consider the number of people who will be using it on a regular basis—whether they're employees or clients. You don't want your e-signature app to bog down your system with unnecessary features that add no value whatsoever.
You'll want to make sure that the app is available on all platforms so that other members of your team can install it (mac/windows/Linux) and easily access the information they require regardless of device.
When choosing a solution, look for one that offers all of the following features.
What are the 5 must-have features in a Free Electronic Signature App?
- Digital signature functionality - It allows users to sign documents electronically, which means that they don’t need to print off and send them back.
- Full Audit Trail of all Documents Signed and Sent - This feature ensures that everything is done legally and within compliance with regulations. All signed documents are stored so you can view them at any time.
- Mobile-Friendly - sign documents anywhere – This feature enables you to sign documents on your phone or tablet wherever you are, without having to be in front of a computer or printer. You can also share files with colleagues for them to sign remotely too.
- Data Security - Your documents are stored securely and communication between the app and where your content is stored is encrypted.
- Automation - The signature app must be able to automatically send a signed copy of a document to all parties involved in its creation. This is a very important feature because it saves you time and helps you stay organized.
What is the best electronic signature app for small businesses?
The best Electronic Signature App for Small Businesses is Papermind.
We know, we know—we're biased. But we still think our cloud-based app is the right choice for collecting signatures from many people as often as you need. And why not? It's easy.
Papermind has all the features you need to collect signatures smoothly:
- Download Papermind and get started right away with no credit card required; it's Free for 7 days
- Create documents in Papermind or paste your copy and send for signatures as often as you need. Everyone gets a copy of the signed document. You’ll have the original.
- Sign documents anywhere in a web browser. At home or on the go, it doesn't matter—you can sign right from your phone, tablet, or laptop with ease.
- Close deals knowing that everyone is on board.
If you're looking for a low-cost, easy-to-use electronic signature app for small businesses, Papermind is a perfect choice!
The truth is that finding the best eSignature app for your needs does not have to be a difficult or expensive process. However, it's easy to become overwhelmed with so many options and so much information. We've attempted to take the guesswork out of this process for you by answering some basic questions about free trials of esignature apps. And we hope you've narrowed your choices down to just one: Papermind. So give it a whirl today!